Sunday, October 14, 2012

Diary #12

Lola. Age 11. Excerpt from a very long entry.

April 27, 1993

Name Redacted (male) and Name Redacted (female) have been getting on my nerves. They say my writing is too big and I leave too big spaces between my words. At least I have spaces between them. At least my writing is readable. Name Redacted (male)'s writing is so messy. Also they think they are so cool just because they go to GT. What I think GT stands for is giant toddlers. Really it's gifted and talented.


Awww. Did you see how I tried to get a zinger in there about GT? Kind of adorable. Really like that I clarified myself after attempting the zinger. I still do that.

I should note here that Name Redacted (male) and I had a longstanding unspoken academic competition that continued throughout elementary and middle school. We were constantly trying to one-up each other grade-wise. In retrospect, I suppose that's the reason teachers always sat us next to each other. Anyway, he is an engineer now. And I do math for a living. (At least I'm pretty sure that's what my job is about.)

No comments: