Saturday, September 1, 2012

Walkmans and mixtapes

Recently resurrected my walkman, and it's fantastic. Currently listening to my favorite mix tape of all time. (Someone made it for my older brother in 1997 and I commandeered it back then. Never gave it back.) Track list below. This mixtape changed my life. I strongly urge you to listen to Inner City Blues on repeat.

Side A:
Joy Division - Warsaw
The Smiths - What difference does it make
The Pixies - Gouge Away
Beastie Boys - Flute loop
Joy Division - She's lost control
Stone Roses - Begging you
Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues
Velvet Underground - I can't stand it
R.E.M. - King of Comedy
The Smiths - Handsome Devil
Joy Division - Ice Age
Joy Division - The Sound of Music

Side B:
The Smiths - Sweet and tender hooligan
Joy Division - Digital
Joy Division - Transmission
New Order - Blue Monday
Velvet Underground - Heroin
R.E.M. - Wicked Game
The Replacements - Alex Chilton
Joy Division - The Eternal
Joy Division - Decades



No comments: