Sunday, July 15, 2012

Getting my NY sea legs back

Just spent a solid weekend in NY apartment hunting, drinking and other shenanigans. I think I've got my sea legs back. Some highlights:

- Saw 7 apartments. Really liked 2. Just need 1!
- Fancy and delicious brunch 
- Ran the Williamsburg Bridge. Haven't done that in about 4 years. As it turns out, I am much much faster than I used to be.
-Visited the 131 and spent some QT with one of my favorite people.
- Watched two puppies (Dallas the border collie and Chicken the bull terrier) wrestle for at least an hour in the park. It was captivating, delightful and I could watch puppies play forever.
- Developed an affinity for Tequila shots
- Did you know that strawberry fluff exists? I did not.
- Post apartment hunting, I dominated the salad bar at Whole Foods. No shame. Only veggies.
- Watched a lot of Mets (!?) I don't know. Jenny and Josh got me into it. Some sort of gang mentality.
- Debated with a complete stranger in a bar about Obamacare. Nothing good comes of arguing SCOTUS past 2am.
- Did some park wandering, writing and head clearing.
 - My cab driver tonight asked me if I'm "this nice all the time." I laughed and told him that I try to be. And that's true. I really do. I'm trying very very hard to maintain my solid inner core of niceness and lola-ness through all this chaos and change.

No comments: