Sunday, November 9, 2008

announcement

it was an extremely difficult decision to make, but i switched my philly half marathon to the 8K. i once read in a runner's magazine two important questions regarding injuries: "do you want to run for the next few weeks? or the rest of your life?"

i'd like to run for the rest of my life! so i'm gonna be nice to my stupid calf and give it a break. (is an 8K a break??) but be warned, calf. i just registered for the pittsburgh half marathon in may. (woohoo!)

Photobucket

3 comments:

Gonzo said...

Sad to hear given the time you've put into it, but also a smart move. If your insurance covers physical therapy, that might be worthwhile. It wasn't until I went to PT last year that I pulled out of a bad ankle sprain (I couldn't run at all!).

And Pittsburgh? Yeah!!!

lola f. said...

thanks for the PT advice! the ice/heat method is alright for now, but i want to try something new. :)

i had a clear goal in mind for my half marathon training: make 10 miles comfortable to run before the race. i didn't achieve that, and i know pushing harder could make things worse. so i think the extra time to train for pittsburgh will be perfect!

pittsburgh yeaah!!! who else is running it?

Gonzo said...

I've been having something weird going on with my leg the last week or two myself. It goes away after a half mile or so, but makes me limp a little up to that point. Can't be good. So I've been taking it a little easier and using Kate's exercise bike in place of a run here and there. I hate exercising indoors (and in place) but it's helping. And I have a 5k saturday, so hopefully things will be peachy for that.

Lidji and I are doing the full in Pittsburgh, Kate might do the half. Ross and Corey sort of half-committed, but I don't think they'll follow through. They might try to recruit folks for the relay though.

We should get Shelby to run Pgh.