Sunday, August 24, 2008

new brazilian girls

the new album new york city came out aug 5. i just bought it today. perhaps i waited so long to buy it because i miss new york.

standouts:

- internacional: too much fun. let's go dance to this.

- perpetuo mobile: sweet, beautiful and wandering. i hope i can see them on tour, because i think this would be incredible to hear live.

- good time: the first single. i bet the hipsters are going wild for this one. i can see why.

- mano de dios: beautiful, ambient, and downtempo. good for daydreaming.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Gonzo said...

I just got into their last one, I'll have to check this out. I've been listening to that and the Ting Tings a lot in the last few weeks.

lola f. said...

i really like their last one! i saw the brazilian girls at the rex in pittsburgh a little over a year ago. it was an awesome awesome show.

what are the tings tings like?

Gonzo said...

I just listened to the new one. I think I like Talk to La Bomb better, but will give another listen.

My 2 favorite Ting Ting songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF5wvycotuo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r23cm7bL9E

lola f. said...

thanks!

i do like talk to la bomb better, but this one is really growing on me. i can't get nouveau american out of my head!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! i'm looking EVERYWHERE to find "perpetuo mobile" ..I would really really appreciate if you could send it to me.. i'm tavooh (a) live.com.ar
i'll be eternally grateful :D