Saturday, June 28, 2008

run with me

i've started training for the philadelphia half marathon in november. it is 13.1 miles of fun. for the most part, my running has been limited to the williamsburg bridge. it's a nice base to start from, but significantly less than my goal of 13.1 miles.

the philly marathon website has this nice little run planner that helps you create running trails around the city. this morning, i created a nice run of 4.2 miles. unfortunately, i made it about 3.5 miles before my knee called it quits. stupid knee! but i did run past billie holiday's old house and a smelly old graveyard that most likely has colonial settlers in it. i do like the historical stuff here in philly.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Gonzo said...

Yes! You can and you will rock it!

In preparing for the 20k (slightly under a half marathon), I followed this plan (http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/index.htm) and found it helpful. Good luck and keep us posted!

lola f. said...

good luck with your big run!! i like this training plan. thanks so much.

unfortunately my training is on hiatus for a couple of days while i rest my bum knee. but i will let you know how it goes!