Monday, May 5, 2008

hey portishead, i love you and your new album

my love affair with portishead started in high school when i bought dummy. i think stuart can attest to how much i listened to portishead back then. (all the time?) so, to say that i've been waiting a while for their third album is a bit of an understatement.

but it is AMAZING and well worth the wait. i was nervous that it would be lame and tame like the beth gibbons solo album. but it's really edgy and beautiful.

my experience with portishead is that it's not the first listen, but the second and third and fourth where i really start loving the tracks. i've entered the love stage. "the rip" is really standing out for me. it may be my favorite. "machine gun" is very terminator to me, but a good pick for their single. ahhhhhhhh xoxoxox portishead

No comments: