Monday, October 29, 2007

illness

i am sick. it is a cross between a sinus infection and the plague. i stopped at rite aide today for provisions, and managed to forget tissues and tomato soup. i did, however, manage to obtain cold-eeze and vicks vaporub.

i have been brought up in a household that views vicks as a cure-all, catch-all remedy. i have uncomfortable childhood memories of my mother slathering me in vicks from head to toe. i think my yiayia may have been the root of the vicks obsession, as she always used to say "i love vicks so much... i could eat it" (to this day, this still creeps my brother and i out. because SERIOUSLY DON'T EAT IT.)

anyway, in honor of the matriarchs of my family, i have slathered myself in vicks.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: