Saturday, April 7, 2007

feminist rant?

Last night I went to McFadden's, the new "Irish pub" on the North Side. Oddly enough, the bar is located in the office building I used to work in. It felt weird to be going to work for drinking purposes.

When I walked into the place, I had an immediate sense of regret. The crowd was largely a late 20s and 30s group, the women were scantily clad and the bartenders tried to summon Tom Cruise from Cocktail. I decided to leave when they announced a $200 prize to "the hottest girl in the place." The dj said, verbatim: "we don't care about brains or personality here, just the hottest girl in here!"

Maybe I'm just a fem-nazi, but I can't give that kind of establishment my money. The blatant objectification of women pisses me off. Thank goodness I never went on spring break.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: